Proverbs 8:17
"I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Pinkalicious Blog Hop

Good morning everyone! I have decided to join the blog hop over at The Pink Stamper's Blog. The challenge is to show our style making our favorite thing!  It could be our favorite color combo, our favorite Cricut cartridge, or our favorite technique. Just to have some fun and with kind of stress! Doesn't this sound fun!! Go on over to her blog to join the fun and to enter in her fabulous giveaway! 

Recently, I have fallen in love with creating my own pattern paper using stamps.  I have seen it a lot, but never done it.  I really like the way my cards turn out using this technique, in my opinion it adds so much! I also tried challenging myself by NOT using my cricut and just a few current products! WHAT?!?!? I LOVE my cricut, but I LOVE my stamps too. I have so many other cutting systems and inks that I love, but just haven't used them in such a long time and thought that this would be a great time to dust them off and bring them out!

So here it is...  



To cut the ovals out, I used the oval template from the coluzzle. No worries if you don't have this I'm pretty sure you have an oval cut out in one of those cricut cartridges you own...lol! I stamped the sewing machine with StazOn ink and used a craft knife to cut it out. The pink rectangle are measured at 1.75 by 4 and the white piece measures 1.5 by 3.75.


With this sentiment (in which I love) the yellow piece was cut at 2.25 by 1 and the white was cut at 2 1/8 by 7/8.

Supplies:
Cuttlebug
StazOn: Jet Black
Ribbon: Scraps 
Stamp: TPC Studio- Sewing
Stampin Up: Coluzzle Cutting System
 Inks: Stampin Up- Bermuda Bay, Pink Passion
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders: Swiss Dots, Perfectly Paisley
Stampin UP Markers: Crushed Curry, Pink Passion, Bermuda Bay
Card Stock: Craft-Recollection, White-Stampin Up, Pink and Yellow- Scraps 

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. This is really cute, what a great image, and I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joann,Your Card is Super Cute!!! Wasn't the hop a blast? I am new to the blog world to. There's a lot to learn. I just became a follower. Would love for you to come and visit me sometime. :0)
    cindys-greencricut.blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a darling card…"sew" lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really cute card! I'm a new follower, would love for you to check out my blog too! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete